Limited Empire Edition Gear Bag Reveal (Video)
Gear bags aren't meant to be complicated, in fact, the easier it is to arrange the things we use the most, the better. That's why functionality and durability were the driving characteristics when we designed our Gear Bag. Functionally the same as our Standard Gear Bag, the Limited Empire Edition pays homage to the British Empire Games track built in Vancouver in 1953-54. A bold metal YKK zipper and leather accents compliment the black ballistic nylon shell. A laser engraved yellow cedar cog is individually numbered for each of these limited edition pieces. From the stealth black embroidery to the custom canvas insert, no detail has been left wanting.
On the inside, 6 chain ring pockets are big enough to easily accommodate a 58t chain ring; store them individually or put up to three chain rings in each sleeve. There's also room for six individual cogs, each up to 18t. Covering the inner left side is a clear panel that doubles as a closure for the chain rings and housing for the included gear chart. Ample seam allowance makes getting in and out of the bag easy, even when it's totally packed.
We ran a limited run of 50 bags and the bags features were:
- Ballistic nylon outer panels for exceptional durability
- Front exterior pocket ideal for carrying race numbers or gloves with concealed zippered pocket large enough for a wallet or smart phone.
- Leather grip and accents
- Custom BC Yellow Cedar cog, each individually numbered
- Rugged #10 YKK Zipper with leather zipper pulls
- 6 chain ring pockets capable of accommodating a 58t chain ring without binding (27cm/10-5/8" wide)
- 6 individual cog pockets each easily holding up to an 18t cog
- Clear panel with integrated gear chart and brief history of China Creek Velodrome
- Silicon impregnated elastic webbing
- 5 vertical pockets intended for use with: 15mm box wrench (up to 24cm/9.5" long), hex key set, cone wrenches, peanut butter wrench, cog wrench, chain pliers, and/or a writing pen.
- 1 covered & 1 open pocket for all the odds and ends
- Rear exterior pocket large enough to hold a chain ring or chain whip up to 35.5cm/14 " in length
- Made entirely in Canada
- 1 year warranty against manufacturer defect
We are working on putting something similar together in the future, please comment below if this is of any interest to you!